Convenient, Effective & Remote Medical Care
We offer televisits at Academic Medical Associates so you can consult with your physician face-to-face on your smartphone or computer. By using the most up-to-date technology, we can deliver quality medical care to you remotely, no matter where you are. Many common conditions and ailments can be addressed via a TeleVisit.
When Should I Use TeleVisits?
You may opt to check-in with your physician remotely with a TeleVisit rather than come to our office.
Some of the reasons you may want to do a TeleVisit include:
- For high-quality, convenient care, whether you’re at work, at home, or out of town
- Your own doctor will be there for non-emergency and/or follow-up care
- There’s no need to take time off work, hire a babysitter, or pay for the cost of travel to get to the office
- By checking in remotely, you avoid exposure to potentially contagious patients in a doctor’s office waiting room
- TeleVisits are simple – just use your smartphone or computer to connect
How Do I Schedule a TeleVisit?
Note: To have a TeleVisit with your doctor, you must have access to a cellular telephone or similar device capable of receiving SMS text messages. Please verify that we have your correct contact number when you schedule your appointment.
1. Schedule an appointment by calling our office at (972) 445-9515 or click "Book Online" at our website. Make sure to specify that you are requesting a TeleVisit.
2. Approximately 15 minutes before your appointment, you will receive a text message from us with instructions on connecting to your appointment. You have 2 options for connecting to the visit:
- Click on the link in the message; this will automatically connect you to the visit via the internet browser on your phone.
- Type the secure link from the text message into the internet browser on your home computer or other internet-enabled device.
3. Unless you wish to add vital signs (optional), simply click on the "Next" button at the bottom of the page, and then click on "Start TeleVisit". Your doctor will be notified to join you as soon as possible.
- Please confirm your contact number to reach you in case we get disconnected and have your cell phone nearby; if there are persistent technical difficulties with video call, we might be able to continue the visit via telephone.
- Please make sure your device is not muted, and that you allow access to the microphone.
- Please make sure you are in a quiet location and please refrain from actively driving during the visit.
- Audio and video quality are usually best when your device has a strong wireless internet connection, rather than from cell phone service alone. Try to sit as close as possible to your router during the visit.