TeleVisits are a way for patients to receive the care they need from their doctor at Academic Medical Associates without needing to come to the doctor's office in person. In a TeleVisit, patients can talk with their doctor by a secure, private video service, much as they would during an in-person visit.
Recently, we updated our TeleVisit system to increase the simplicity and reliability of the visit. You are no longer required to connect via the "Healow" app on your smartphone but can connect using a standard web browser.
Some of the reasons you may want to do a TeleVisit include:
- For high-quality, convenient care, whether you’re at work, at home, or out of town
- Your own doctor will be there for non-emergency and/or follow-up care
- There’s no need to take time off work, hire a babysitter, or pay for the cost of travel to get to the office
- By checking in remotely, you avoid exposure to potentially contagious patients in a doctor’s office waiting room
How to have a TeleVisit with the doctor:
To have a TeleVisit with your doctor, you must have access to a cellular telephone or similar device capable of receiving SMS text messages. Please verify that we have your correct contact number when you schedule your appointment.
1. Schedule an appointment by calling our office at (972) 445-9515 or click "Book Online" at our website (amatxmed.com). Make sure to specify that you are requesting a TeleVisit.
2. Approximately 15 minutes before your appointment, you will receive a text message from us with instructions on connecting to your appointment. You have 2 options for connecting to the visit:
- Click on the link in the message; this will automatically connect you to the visit via the internet browser on your phone.
- Type the secure link from the text message into the internet browser on your home computer or other internet-enabled device.
3. Unless you wish to add vital signs (optional), simply click on the "Next" button at the bottom of the page, and then click on "Start TeleVisit". Your doctor will be notified to join you as soon as possible.
Additional Helpful Hints:
- Please confirm your contact number to reach you in case we get disconnected and have your cell phone nearby; if there are persistent technical difficulties with video call, we might be able to continue the visit via telephone.
- Please make sure your device is not muted, and that you allow access to the microphone.
- Please make sure you are in a quiet location and please refrain from actively driving during the visit.
- Audio and video quality are usually best when your device has a strong wireless internet connection, rather than from cell phone service alone. Try to sit as close as possible to your router during the visit.
Ready to schedule your telemedicine visit? Call us at (972) 445-9515 or contact us online to schedule one today!